Pom Poms Go Well Beyond Cheerleading
Pompoms are small woolen (or other materials) balls that are attached to clothing. The most famous Pompoms are those you see being wielded by cheerleaders. But guess what? Pompoms are more than that, they are part of many art projects, clothing, hats, and more.
In this article, I will be giving you a change to make your own pompoms (or buy them if you wish) and then making some incredible pieces of art.
For card makers and paper crafters, you are going to love the applications to your art.
Let’s take a look at the projects you can do in a very short period of time. They are very easy to create and place.
15 DIY Projects to Try
First you will need to create some of your own pompoms to get going on any of these suggested projects. The size of the pompom will depend on which craft you wish to do.
Here is a video on how to produce perfect pompoms to get you going.
DIY | Secret to a perfect pompom
- Multicolored pompoms tied together to make a key chain
- Napkin ring adorned with pompoms
- Pompoms tied together to make a mat for your coffee table
- Flowers on a stick – put them together to make a bouquet
- Decorate a tote bag
- Glue to earring studs for a new fashion look
- Use two sizes and make baby chicks – all paper legs and a beak
- Create a bookmark
- Use multiple colors to make a decorative toy ball
- Make a tree
- Create birds such as an owl
- Make pillow
- Create a bracelet
- Pompom Ring
There are so many more things you can do – Here is a link to some amazing techniques. Click the image below.
More Ideas from Books
I am always on the hunt for great books to supplement my crafts. I found these that contain patterns and directions for making all kinds of fun projects.
DIY Room Decor | Pom-Pom Crafts
10 Cute and Warm Yarn Crafts
If you have never worked with Pom Poms, it is time to get in gear! You can use them on cards, wrapped gifts, clothing, and art work.
What project will you try?